An NYSE Scalper's Tale - A Trader's Diary

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Eat Any Good Books Lately?

I love to read. And I am always on the lookout for any good books about trading. I have gone through maybe about 20 books on trading, but have found that most of the material is re-hashed stuff from other books. I'm wondering if anyone out there has any good suggestions (you can leave suggestions by submitting a comment at the end of this post).

However, if the book you suggest has a section that explains what support and resistance is, I'll probably just throw that book in the garbage. If an author has to waste pages explaining the basics, they probably don't have anything of substance to say.

I have recently turned to biographies (because I was sick of skimming 95% of a book that has a lot of useless information) and I am currently reading two books.

The first book is about the 2nd richest man in the world, Warren Buffett, and of how he made his billions by investing. It's called: "Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist" and so far it's been quite interesting - I find it to be a real page turner. Also somewhat inspirational in that it illustrates that anyone with a real passion for something can achieve anything.

The other book I'm currently reading (for leisure) is the John Grisham book "The Broker". I've always enjoyed reading Grisham's books, and when I saw this one, I initially thought it was going to be about a stock broker. It turns out to be about a lawyer-broker (well duh! It's a John Grisham book!). This one's a little different from his other books in that there is no courtroom at all! Still, it's been an enjoyable read so far.

Have any of you eaten any good books lately?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home