An NYSE Scalper's Tale - A Trader's Diary

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Weekend Reading For Mar 17 - 18, 2007

In "Weekend Reading" I'll collect what I thought were the best posts and articles for the week from various bloggers.

I only focus on posts and links that relate to trader improvement or trading in general.

Don't worry folks - I'm still alive. I've just spent a couple of days away from the markets and trying to put myself at ease.

I've also been recieving a lot of emails asking about other prop trading firms, so I spent some time researching other prop firms that are out there and it got me interested in possibly looking for other alternatives for myself.

Anyways, here are this week's links:

  • Last weekend Bulltrapper over at TradeGuild posted up a collection of several great videos and covers some technicals and trading systems in Weekend Viewing...

  • If you haven't visited Afraid To Trade, then you should - there are lots of great posts appearing at the site including this one entitled Taking On More Risk For Reward






  • We've all done it once in a while and when it happens, it can sometimes lead to disastrous results....I'm talking about keytroke errors! Check out the top 10 keystroke errors in The Fat Finger Points To Trouble For Traders via Financial News Online

  • Trader-X also clears up some of the misconceptions about his trading style and is a must read if you follow his style - here is Anatomy Of A Trade






Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • i've heard there are a dozen prop firms in toronto but can only find not more than four. would you mind give a list of other prop firms?thanks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 18, 2007 1:07 p.m.  

  • My usual fat finger mistake is going long instead of short and vice versa. Or buying more instead of closing the position....

    By Blogger mOOm, at March 18, 2007 6:45 p.m.  

  • Vista,
    Thanks for your comments. I did have a collection of suggestions, but I've found that most of the prop firms are in Montreal...perhaps I'll post up a request to see if any other readers out there can recommend prop firms in the Toronto area.

    Moom,
    Thanks for your comments. Heheheh...that would mean that I make fat fingered mistakes every trading day! The ones that I hate are the ones in which I accidentally input more shares than I really wanted...

    Happy trading folks!

    By Blogger J.C., at March 18, 2007 7:51 p.m.  

  • Hi JC,

    can you please post your findings on the prop firms in Toronto. I am interested to see what options do I have in choosing a prop firm and what are the advantages and disadvantages for each firm.

    Thanks

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 18, 2007 8:07 p.m.  

  • Thanks for the links JC, there is always something of value here, even for a lowly currency trader!

    All the best in the week ahead.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 18, 2007 9:48 p.m.  

  • Glad to hear your doing ok.
    This website of prop firm listing may be helpful in your search.

    http://www.utropix.com/jmowery/PropFirms.html

    By Blogger HPT, at March 18, 2007 11:57 p.m.  

  • lifepost's link is very interesting. the rating for swift trade and its crap software is extreme low:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 19, 2007 8:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home