An NYSE Scalper's Tale - A Trader's Diary

Friday, November 24, 2006

Weekend Reading For Nov 25th - 26th

Since I often have a difficult time trying to integrate links to interesting articles in my posts, I thought I'd start posting "Weekend Reading".

In "Weekend Reading" I'll collect what I thought were the best posts and articles for the week from various bloggers.

Even though this week was a short one (and I seemed to be unconscious for most of it), there were plenty of great posts! Great job guys! Keep those excellent posts coming!

Brett Steenbarger reviews the 4 Things You Can Do Now To Improve As A Trader over at TradingMarkets.com

Tale of the Tape reviews his possible fears and a review of the changes he made that may have affected his trading in Couch Time

Trader Gav lists and ranks all his books in My Trading Library

In his "$1000 Experiment", it's interesting to see how Richard from Move the Markets would spend $500 in a day and how he would spend $1000 in a day.

Tale of the Tape experiences a possible Eureka Moment.

Jan over at the Stock Market Blog talks about Dealing With Losses.

Richard came across an interesting lecture about how Happiness Is Not Where You Expect It.

Bulltrapper at Trade Guild revisits one of his best posts in Know Thyself...

At TraderFeed, Brett Steenbarger asks Are Moving Averages A Useful Trading Guide?

An excellent post by Tyro in Trading vs Corporate Life.

Trader ZBS goes over The "Not-So-Simple" Rules Of Trading.

For those interested in trading options, Phileo reviews how he trades them in When Forrest Gump Met Dummy.

Piranha reviews the top 10 (or should I say 15) blogs he follows in Piranha's Top 10 (thanks for the mention Piranha! ;) )

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • Hi JC,

    Thanks for the referral!
    Hope you're feeling better......

    By Blogger Phileo, at November 25, 2006 8:57 p.m.  

  • Interesting blog, though i am not a short term trader.

    Saw your posts regarding the NYSE Hybrid System, With great interest to know more, like, which features impact your trading behavior? Price Improvement? Discretionary Interest?

    Also NYSE will be fully Reg NMS compliant in a few months, one more thing to be prepared for, I guess

    Siyu LI
    http://Leopardstrategy.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Siyu LI, at November 26, 2006 12:10 a.m.  

  • Phileo,
    You did a great job explaining how you traded options (I used to trade a lot of options when I was at my old 9-to-5 job) so it was refreshing to see another point of view. Keep up the great work and yes, I am feeling much better now and I'll definitely be ready for Monday!

    Si Yu,
    Thanks for your comments. One of the things I've noticed with the stocks that have gone Hybrid so far is that they tend to "jiggle" around a little more - even when it's trending. I also have to be more careful with the prices I place my orders at since price improvement has been changed...I'm finding that I no longer want to place an order to exit out of a position, but rather hold onto my position and punch out when I feel the move is over. I would guesstimate that about 10% of my trades were price improved, so I'll have to be more weary of the prices I now put my orders at.

    Happy trading all!

    By Blogger J.C., at November 26, 2006 11:15 a.m.  

  • Although I am still a longer term trader, I love reading your daily diary - it's great!

    By Blogger Chris Perruna, at November 26, 2006 12:15 p.m.  

  • Chris,
    Thanks for your comments! Keep up the good work at your site as well! Good luck and happy trading!

    By Blogger J.C., at November 26, 2006 6:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home