An NYSE Scalper's Tale - A Trader's Diary

Friday, January 12, 2007

Long Weekend Reading For Jan 13 - 15, 2007

In "Weekend Reading" I'll collect what I thought were the best posts and articles for the week from various bloggers.

I only focus on posts and links that relate to trader improvement or trading in general.

Here are lots of great reads for your long weekend. Enjoy and hopefully you'll learn something!


  • Kevin shares some interesting thoughts about The Holy Grail and some of the important aspects of trading in Some Thoughts About Trading

  • Jan at StockMarketBlog.com shares with us Some Of What I Do (but as mentioned in the post, you should find your own unique trading strategy that works for you!)



  • Here, Caravaggio at The 3500 gives us some great quotes that can be applied to trading from the book Risk & Chance



  • Tyro reviews with us some of the things he does to keep his mind in the game in Keeping Focused










  • Here again is Chris at Daily Trade Activity and does some great analysis in Larger Gains vs. Higher Accuracy (Chris loves posting up charts and there are lots here again!)




  • There are many traders that follow Kirk from the Kirk Report religiously and here he shares what he does in My Stock Screen Routine

  • Words of wisdom always seem to emanate from Richard over at Move The Markets and here he shares some thoughts to chew on in Trade Your Way To Happiness

Have an excellent long weekend folks! I'll be back on Monday with my "On Tap" post.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

  • I simply want you to know how much new traders, such as myself, appreciate your blog. I can't tell you how many times I thought I should throw in the towel, pay down the 2nd mortgage, and find another job. But then I read your blog, and I think to my self, he does the same kind of trading as I try to do. Maybe I can make the same kind of $ he does. So I hang in there. Actually, maybe it's your fault. Just kidding.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 13, 2007 12:21 a.m.  

  • Rudedog,
    Thanks again for your comments. It takes a lot of time and effort to put together a blog and update it daily, so a little appreciation is always welcome! Hopefully in time everything will pull through for you.

    In the meantime, enjoy your weekend and good luck!

    By Blogger J.C., at January 13, 2007 8:53 a.m.  

  • jc,
    i think you are a man having much passion for daytrading.your effort will make you get some return.
    Have a great weekend,jc!!and waiting for your "on tap" post.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 13, 2007 9:30 a.m.  

  • WJ,
    Thanks for your comments. If you have time, visit some of the articles I posted this weekend...hopefully they can help you out in your trading. Good luck!

    By Blogger J.C., at January 13, 2007 9:50 a.m.  

  • Thanks for the link! I'm glad you enjoyed the article. It's hard to compete with so many great blogs out there, as your list of links makes clear.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 13, 2007 10:05 a.m.  

  • Richard,
    Thanks for your comment. No problem about the link - just keep on posting some great stuff! It's true about the great blogs out there...I'm finding more and more out there and my Weekend Reading lists are getting longer and longer! Keep up the excellent work and I wish you the best of luck in everything you do!

    By Blogger J.C., at January 13, 2007 5:25 p.m.  

  • ah..some spikes in traffic. Thanks to your links. Have a great weekend!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 15, 2007 10:57 a.m.  

  • Gav,
    Thanks for your comments and keep up the good stuff at your site! Good luck to you in coming week of trading!

    By Blogger J.C., at January 15, 2007 1:54 p.m.  

  • Thanks for the link j.c, and for linking through to many other interesting articles.

    Keep up the good work.

    : )

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 16, 2007 7:56 a.m.  

  • Caravaggio,
    Thanks for your comments and compliments! Keep up the good work at your site - I'll be following along! Good luck to you and your trading!

    By Blogger J.C., at January 16, 2007 9:11 p.m.  

  • Fine stuff

    By Anonymous QUALITY STOCKS UNDER 5 DOLLARS, at April 11, 2013 12:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home