An NYSE Scalper's Tale - A Trader's Diary

Friday, January 05, 2007

(The Big) Weekend Reading For Jan 6th - 7th, 2007

In "Weekend Reading" I'll collect what I thought were the best posts and articles for the week from various bloggers.

I only focus on posts and links that relate to trader improvement or trading in general.

Since I was out of town last weekend and didn't get a chance to post a "Weekend Reading", I've decided to combine last week's and this week's readings...a 2-for-1 post if you will.

So if you've got some time on your hands this weekend, check out these links to some great posts!







  • Chris at Daily Trade Activity reviews his Best Trades Of December (has a link to a page with lots and lots of charts with details of his trades)








  • 2Pay (I love that name!) over at MaddMoney reviews what Cramer had to say about Sin's Of Investing

  • Kevin reviews Jake Bernstein's trading rules in his post Trading Rules





  • For you Futures traders out there, Tyro posted a great article about the Hershey Futures System in More On Hershey's System






  • I've said it before and I'll say it again, psychology is an important aspect of trading and I'm constantly trying to learn more about it...here Brett Steenbarger has another great article entitled Brief Therapy: Therapy For The Mentally Well

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • Thanks for the link. In regards to your last link, I also think that psych is important. In fact, I think it is first among all the tools that one can use.

    By Blogger Steven, at January 06, 2007 2:49 p.m.  

  • Thanks for the links. There are some great articles in there that everyone should read.

    Bub

    By Blogger Bubs, at January 06, 2007 5:57 p.m.  

  • Thanks for linking my post, it gives me some extra motivation!

    By Blogger Chrisnyork, at January 07, 2007 2:52 p.m.  

  • You got a sweet blog - I like your report card on a daily basis. I'll be back often.

    By Blogger Marlyn Trades, at January 07, 2007 5:32 p.m.  

  • Steven, Bubs, Chris, and Marlyn,

    Thanks for your comments all. Keep up the good work and posts all. Bubs - I've started subscribing to your blog...I'll be looking forward to following your progress!

    Good luck and happy trading all!

    By Blogger J.C., at January 07, 2007 6:31 p.m.  

  • I just want to say that I really appreciate all the hard work you put into this blog. I find it extremely educational and inspiring. Keep up the good work! Thanks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 08, 2007 11:44 a.m.  

  • Anon@11:44AM,
    Thanks for your comments and compliments! Believe it or not, I was actually thinking of reducing the number of posts or even to stop posting for a while...this blog has actually turned out to be a lot more time consuming than I had originally thought, but at the same time, I know that doing this blog really helps me identify areas that need work.

    I'm not sure at this point what I'll do, but in the meantime, I'll keep the blog going as per usual.

    Good luck to you and your trading!

    By Blogger J.C., at January 08, 2007 4:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home