An NYSE Scalper's Tale - A Trader's Diary

Thursday, May 18, 2006

A Half Day - Unfortunately I Missed The Most Important Half

Gross: +$440.20
Net: +$360.48
Loss From Top: $4.94
Trades: 40
Shares Traded: 77200

Stocks Traded Today (net profit/loss):
Hewlett Packard (HPQ): +$247.04
Motorola (MOT): +$67.76
Bank of America (BAC): +$64.29
Disney (DIS): +$22.65
Merck (MRK): -$3.87
General Electric (GE): -$37.40

Today I only traded until lunch, but from the looks of things, it looks like I missed a great move to the downside during the last hour of trade!

This morning, I tried to keep things simple and I was quite annoyed that I didn't put on my first trade until 10AM. Once I got things going, I felt a little more comfortable and I tried to forget about making any kind of monetary target.

Thinking this way did wonders as I was more aware of what I was doing and I didn't feel as much pressure to make something happen.

After lunch, I had to go to the bank to try to straighten some things out before they closed as 3PM.

Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Good Trades
10:12AM - Hewlett Packard (HPQ) was uptrending while the Futures were flat. The Futures popped up so I got partially filled 5600 shares long and got out as follows: 3-cent winner (300 shares), 5-cent winner (2000 shares), 6-cent winner (3300 shares) ($307 profit before fees)

Bad Trades
None

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home