An NYSE Scalper's Tale - A Trader's Diary

Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving!

No trade today. I guess you can say I'm celebrating two holidays today - Columbus Day (US) and Thanksgiving (Canada).

I had a little too much turkey and a little too much wine last night and I couldn't get myself together this morning, so I decided to celebrate these two holidays today.

This also gives me an opportunity to warn all readers out there - advertisements on this site will be coming soon! I know I can hear some moaning and groaning about this, but I will try my best to place advertisements so that it will not detract from this site. In other words, I will try to place them in the most "tasteful" way I can.

I also spent the better part of the day today going over my blog site and made a list of the best posts and I have categorized them under "The Way I Trade", "Trading Principles", "Self Assessment", and "The NYSE". I will be posting this "Posts Of Interests" list sometime in the near future, so be on the lookout!

Until tomorrow....

4 Comments:

  • Ha ha ha! First come the ads, then it's just a slippery slope to R-based reporting! :-) I'm sure you've noticed that writing a good blog takes a lot of work, and it's only fair that you get compensated for it. Some people complain, but it never seems to drive them away.

    You could weave the ads into your posts, so that people hardly know they are there. Like...

    You know, I don't think I could trade so much per day if it weren't for my powerful Dell workstation (which comes with a free printer for a limited time). Trades just seem to execute faster on a Dell. So, I was shorting HPQ a bunch because their deals and customer service aren't as good as Dell's, and all the excitement left me dehydrated. That's why I always have an ice cold beverage from the Coca-Cola family on hand. It really KO's my thirst. (stock-symbol humor) Anyway, it was really boring and choppy around noon, though. Here's a tip: when the markets are boring, why not preserve your capital and play this online game where you click on a monkey for a free iPod?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 09, 2006 7:26 p.m.  

  • Richard,

    Hehehe - I'll try one of those Hybrid (half ad, half post) posts one day and see if anyone notices :-) Hopefully at the end of every month I'll get enough ad revenue to buy something at the dollar store!

    I think the hardest part is trying to get the colors and the look just right without it looking cheesy. Oh well - just experimenting for now and we'll see where this takes me!

    I hope I get that "monkey for a free iPod" ad on my site one day - that one is a lot of fun! :-)

    By Blogger J.C., at October 09, 2006 9:19 p.m.  

  • Well, the best way to thank you for the good posts is clicking some ads.:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 09, 2006 10:20 p.m.  

  • Gav,

    Thanks. Perhaps that's what we should do for all those great bloggers out there...I've really enjoyed many of your posts, so I shall do the same :-)

    By Blogger J.C., at October 10, 2006 5:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home