An NYSE Scalper's Tale - A Trader's Diary

Friday, March 30, 2007

A Tired Mind & Body

Hey there folks...

Sorry for the irregularity in my posts....

Last night after the trading day we went to a concert (yet again) and didn't get back until very late and today I did trade, but felt very tired the whole day.

Not that much happened the last two days...up $41 yesterday, down $190 today. These past two days could have probably been better spent with my mind off the markets.

I don't really feel much like getting into my trading day today as I feel extremely tired from an exhausting month. I also feel as though I'm not in a very good state of mind right now and thus probably won't have anything very intelligent to say.

I haven't tallied everything up yet, but I have a feeling I'm probably down on the month by a couple hundred bucks.

March has certainly taken a toll on me and I know that my attitude has been rotten for most of the month. I have a few things to post on the weekend, but I would rather spend it resting up and preparing for a brand new month ahead.

BUT, the coming of a new month usually means a coming of a new attitude, a new outlook, and a fresh new start. So with that, I bid March adieu and I very much welcome the coming of April.

I really hope you folks out there had a more successful March than I had and I want to wish all of you some great trading in April!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • no worry, still up $600+ :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 30, 2007 9:29 p.m.  

  • JC,

    Good idea, put March behind you... I know I'll be doing the same.

    It's April, springtime, new beginnings!

    Stay away from the computer and come back Monday refreshed.

    Have a good weekend, DT

    By Blogger Dinosaur Trader, at March 30, 2007 11:02 p.m.  

  • I'm with you JC, it's good to see March behind us.

    By Blogger Adrian, at March 30, 2007 11:18 p.m.  

  • i've been reading your blog for a while now. one thing that stuck out to me was the vast amount of shares that you traded, vs your p/l for the day, consistently. either your commission is killer or your efficiency is less than a cent. i think you'd have better luck in these markets if you just tried to squeeze one cent more per trade, while keeping the same win/loss ratio. i wouldn't take my advice (some random anonymous person from the internet) without thinking it through first, but i think it could help.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 31, 2007 1:54 a.m.  

  • April is a good month. It's a time of renewal and new beginnings in nature.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 31, 2007 6:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home