An NYSE Scalper's Tale - A Trader's Diary

Thursday, March 23, 2006

I'm All Green

Gross: +$480.29
Net: +$432.59
Loss From Top: 0
Trades: 32
Shares Traded: 40000

Stocks Traded Today (net profit/loss):
Walmart (WMT): +$162.15
Citigroup (C): +$153.43
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): +$76.20
Pfizer (PFE): +$32.78
Hewlett Packard (HPQ): +$8.01

I'm not too sure why, but today I traded in an ultra conservative way. All my trades today were for 2000 shares or less (except for one trade for 5000 shares). I was also very picky today about which trades to put on (hence the low trade total and the low number of shares traded).

Every trade today was a positive one - which I'm happy about...just wished I used more shares. I was also very patient with most of my trades to try to ride winners. I made it a point to refrain from exiting when I really felt the need to get out of the position. The result was that I was able to take several more cents out of the trade than normal. I also tried to force myself to scale out of my position (when I would normally exit my entire position), which helped me capture a little more profit.

Since I was using smaller share sizes (2000 or less), there were no really good trades today. And as mentioned earlier, all my trades today were positive.

I'm going to start posting what I'll be watching in the evenings again. This time I'll title them "What I'm Watching Tomorrow". Why am I going to be doing this again? I'm not sure if all of you have heard, but Google started it's own finance site a few days ago (currently in beta). It can be found here: finance.google.com

I really like the interactive stock charts and I really suggest you take a look for yourself. Simply type in the stock symbol at the Google prompt at the top of the page and it will give you all information about the stock including the interactive stock chart.

An interesting element is that near the bottom, it has links to blogs that may have relevant information about that particular stock.

My blog appeared a few times when I input certain stock symbols, and so in an attempt to drive more web traffic to my site, I am going to start posting in the evenings again. Stay tuned....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home