An NYSE Scalper's Tale - A Trader's Diary

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Close, But No Cigar

Gross: +$1,047.52
Net: +$919.05
Loss From Top: $39.27
Trades: 59
Shares Traded: 107800

Stocks Traded Today (net profit/loss):
Citigroup (C): +$680.57
Bank of America (BAC): +$202.86
Home Depot (HD): +$53.20
Hewlett Packard (HPQ): +$40.46
Corning (GLW): -$12.49
Micron Tech (MU): -$45.55

Sorry for the late posting....Blogger was down and I could not log in to post.

Anyways, I'll keep this posting short and sweet.

I stuck to the same game plan as yesterday and it seems to be working well. By keeping my mind free and clear of any emotional ties, I was able to pull off a near repeat performance.

Unfortunately I had to leave a little early because our water heater in our house is not working and I had to go home to meet with a technician.

Had I stayed a little longer, perhaps I might have been able to break $1000 again. Time will tell, but for today, it was close, but no cigar.

Today I thought the markets traded in choppy fashion, but ultimately ended in a down day. Look at the ton of money I made on Citigroup! At one point, I had made close to $800 on Citigroup alone, but I put on a few small losing trades on it and ended up making only $680 on it.

I did miss a few good trades because I was too slow in reacting...could be because I felt dead tired today - didn't sleep too well because I felt disgusted...I hadn't taken a shower for almost two days (because of the water heater problem) and I feel really icky!

Good Trades
10:30AM - Citigroup (C) and the Futures were uptrending. Citigroup met some resistance at $50.10 and then the Futures ripped up. I went long 8000 shares and got out as follows: 4-cent winner (2000 shares), 5-cent winner (2000 shares), 6-cent winner (3000 shares), 7-cent winner (1000 shares) ($430 profit before fees)

Bad Trades
None

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home