An NYSE Scalper's Tale - A Trader's Diary

Saturday, July 01, 2006

A Listless Day (Fri Jun 30 Results)

Gross: +$234.00
Net: +$166.53
Loss From Top: 0
Trades: 49
Shares Traded: 53600

Stocks Traded Today (net profit/loss):
Exxon Mobile (XOM): +$177.89
Bank of America (BAC): +$84.07
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD): +$25.60
Citigroup (C): -$13.14
Home Depot (HD): -$107.88

It's unfortunate that I needed to make so much on a day that moved so little (save for maybe the last 30 minutes of the day...which I missed!).

Today I tried to keep it simple and was very strict on when I'd get into a position. Unfortunately, for about 90% of the day, the market was trendless and hence I didn't put on any big trades.

I tried to pass the time by trading some Exxon Mobile (XOM). I have a feeling I'd like to incorporate this stock into my trading strategy more. For the last 3 trading days I've been trying to get a feel for it by trading it 1000 shares at a time. It seems like I could get used to it, so next month, I'll up my share sizes on it.

I was so bored, I hadn't bothered to stay for the last 30 minutes of trade. However, I might have missed some great opportunities during that time because of the late day move and the "re-balancing" of certain stocks.

All in all, a disappointing day coming on the heels of a very bad day.

Because of the action of the markets on Friday, there were no good trades nor were there any bad trades!

I'll post my monthly statistics for the month of June immediately after this post

Good Trades
None

Bad Trades
None

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home