An NYSE Scalper's Tale - A Trader's Diary

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Return Of The Scalper

Gross: +$671.07
Net: +$509.45
Loss From Top: $45.04
Trades: 123
Shares Traded: 132602

Stocks Traded Today (net profit/loss):
Hewlett Packard (HPQ): +$368.37
Home Depot (HD): +$93.04
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD): +$92.50
Bank of America (BAC): +$86.81
Walmart (WMT): +$40.89
Motorola (MOT): +$36.50
Corning (GLW): +$12.67
Exxon Mobile (XOM): +$3.97
AIG Inc (AIG): -$102.59
AT&T (T): -$122.75

Not exactly the best day, but at least today reassured me that I'm not a complete clutz.

I'll keep this post short and sweet.

Today I found it rather difficult to trade...lots of choppy movements and I didn't feel as though the markets really wanted to go anywhere. I ended up taking small profits all day and I was in and out really fast.

I was also more cautious that usual today...I reduced my share size when I was trading (because I felt that I might have forgotten how to scalp). Most of the time I was just using 1000 or 2000 shares (aside from my usual 4000 or 6000 shares) and just took a few cents here and there.

I'm still not particularly pleased with what I've done so far in August...I think I spent way too much time playing around and not enough time focusing on making money. I think I'll start playing around again once I've been able to consistently make $500 - $1000 daily. From there, we'll see where I go.

No big winners today (markets never really trended nicely) and I was careful not to get myself into any bad trades.

Good Trades
None

Bad Trades
None

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home