An NYSE Scalper's Tale - A Trader's Diary

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

On Tap For Wed Jan 10, 2007

The following are some of the NYSE stocks that I will be keeping an eye on and possibly trading tomorrow. Obviously there may be news on other stocks that come out overnight or in the morning, so I may be trading those stocks as well.

Ok - no more pointless PFE or TWX trading...here's what I am focusing my trading energy on tomorrow:
  • Alcoa Inc. (AA) reported after the market close and beat expectations; it traded higher by 4.8% during after hours trade; AA closed at $28.52 today
  • I'm also looking at some sympathy plays including Alcan Inc. (AL) which was trading higher in after hours as a result of AA's report; AL closed at $44.83
  • The Shaw Group Inc. (SGR) is reporting before the bell tomorrow; I'll see if there are any surprises; SGR closed at $31.58
  • The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT) continues to be on fire! It had another strong day and continues to make new 52 week highs; I'm watching this stock tomorrow for any good opportunities; GT closed at $24.95
  • St Jude Medical Inc. (STJ) was up almost 5% today after it provided a positive Q4 outlook; I'm watching the $39.00 level and to see if it can get through this congestion area; STJ closed at $38.76
  • Finally, International Game Technology (IGT) made new 52-week highs today and I'm watching to see if it can break the $47.00 tomorrow as it too is trading in a congestion area; IGT closed at $46.77
  • I also want to trade some oil plays so I'll watch the oil stocks to see if there are any opportunities

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • 39 and holding...
    ICD market is looking like it's on the rebound...
    How long before JNJ makes a move?..
    mid to high forties should get the majority of the shareholdrs to say yes....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 10, 2007 3:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home