An NYSE Scalper's Tale - A Trader's Diary

Thursday, February 22, 2007

On Tap For Fri Feb 23, 2007

The following are some of the NYSE stocks that I will be keeping an eye on and possibly trading tomorrow. Obviously there may be news on other stocks that come out overnight or in the morning, so I may be trading those stocks as well.

Tomorrow there are fewer stocks of interest that are reporting, so I've got more technical "stocks to watch" tonight. Here they are:

  • The following companies reported after the close today (please note these are not all the companies that reported after the close - just the ones I'm watching):

  • The following companies are reporting before the bell tomorrow (please note these are not all the stocks reporting before the bell tomorrow - just the ones I'm watching):

  • NovaStar Financial Inc. (NFI) continues to take a beating (along with other sub-prime mortgage lenders) and today it was down another 7.5%...I'll keep an eye on this one; NFI closed at $9.34
  • McAfee, Inc. (MFE) just ripped through some resistance today as it was up over 4%...there wasn't any news on MFE that I could find; MFE closed at $31.48
  • I liked the way Halliburton Company (HAL) moved today and I shall continue to watch it tomorrow; HAL closed at $31.51
  • Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) gapped up and kept going up after it reported good earnings before the bell today; ADI was up 10.4% today to close at $36.80

Please note that those stocks denoted with a * and highlighted green indicate that they are on the SHO Pilot List which means you can short them on a downtick.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Great blog and congrats for your great trading! Are you trading your own funds or trading in a prop firm? If you are trading in a prop firm, how much of these nice net profits do you actually keep?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 23, 2007 6:46 a.m.  

  • Your consistency is amazing. Do you work as part of a team, or do you scan and watch things on your own?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 23, 2007 8:27 a.m.  

  • Anon@6:46AM,
    Thanks for your comments. Send me an email and I can let you know (I usually don't like to divulge too much on the blog). You can reach me at: jc_at_trivita@rogers.com

    Anon@8:27AM,
    Thanks for your comments. Most of the traders at the prop firm works on their own. As for me, I usually do my own homework every night (and then there are some traders at the prop firm that don't seem to do any homework). Hope it helps!

    Have a great weekend!

    By Blogger J.C., at February 23, 2007 4:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home