An NYSE Scalper's Tale - A Trader's Diary

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Shot Morning & An Afternoon That Could Have Been A Lot Better

Gross:-$22.00
Net: -$92.18
Loss From Top: $135.99
Trades: 42
Shares Traded: 66800

Stocks Traded Today (net profit/loss):
Micron Tech (MU): +$34.54
Exxon Mobil (XOM): +$26.57
Walmart (WMT): +$7.66
Home Depot (HD): -$5.31
AT&T (T): -$24.10
Hewlett Packard (HPQ): -$43.28
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD): -$88.27

Yesterday my wife came down with a fever and this morning I started showing signs of it too.

All day I had a few chills down my spine, I felt dizzy, and I had a headache the whole day.

This morning I got in and we were told that the execution server was down...in other words, we couldn't trade (maybe I should have taken this as a sign to go home).

We all waited the entire morning and I didn't get to trading until maybe around 12:30PM. By that time I didn't feel good at all...I felt a great need to sleep.

Anyways, I would have been better off just taking the day off...but I don't know why I decided to stay.

In the afternoon the overall markets just sat there and whenever I broke out of my daydreaming/zombie state, I put on trades that were not very good at all.

The travel home was not very comfortable (kept having bouts of chills down my spine) and so when I got home I went to get some rest. My wife came home early from work too and I found her already taking a nap in bed...

Yup, just two sick people trying to rest it off...

Anyways, I still have a headache as I write this so I'll keep it short.

Just one good trade (not going to bother posting up a chart) and no bad trades.

If I do go in tomorrow, I'll probably just trade the morning...I have a feeling the afternoon tomorrow will be just as bad as it was today.

BUT, I'm glad to see some other bloggers did well today...

Ugly was able to bounce back after yesterday's results.

Tyro as usual was able to pull off some good numbers.

Of course, Cal posted big numbers again.

It's great to see DehTrader getting back on track.

It's also good to see Boogster make some coin on a day like today.

Zoomie over at Move The Markets also pulled off a great winner.

Fly On Wall St. also had a great day.

Great job guys! And keep posting up great numbers!

Starting to feel chills down my spine again...time to take a hot shower and see if I can sweat it out...

Good Trades
12:57:49PM - Micron Tech (MU) moving up and Futures sideways. MU broke some resistance so I went long 5000 shares. I got out as follows: 3-cent winner (2000 shares), 4-cent winner (3000 shares) ($180 profit before fees ; Long 5000 shares @ $14.63 ; Out: 1:04:21PM)

Bad Trades
None.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • Take care J.C.
    Really hard to trade when you are ill and harder for the way you trade!!!

    By Blogger Jose V., at November 21, 2006 9:47 p.m.  

  • JC, I hope you and your wife feel better soon.

    By Blogger esto, at November 21, 2006 11:11 p.m.  

  • JC, have a good rest and hope you recover in time for Thanksgiving.

    By Blogger Simply Options Trader, at November 21, 2006 11:15 p.m.  

  • Hi JC,

    Before I start, just want to let you know that I started reading your blog around 2 weeks ago. And I've learnt a lot of stuff from you... keep up the good work! Always looking forward to your daily posts.

    Just curious though...do you know on average how much the really good traders make monthly? And how much do they get from that amount? I ask this because I know you work at a prop firm...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 22, 2006 1:02 p.m.  

  • Hi JC,

    Get well soon and keep up the good (and hard) work!
    btw, will you be trading any TSX stocks tomorrow (Thursday) ?

    By Blogger Phileo, at November 22, 2006 5:27 p.m.  

  • To all,

    Thanks for all your supportive comments...I'll just try to rest it off a bit more.

    Happy Thanksgiving all!

    To Anon@1:02PM,
    You can send me an email and I can send you more details (don't want to divulge too much on this blog). My email address is: jc_at_trivita@rogers.com

    To Phileo,
    I'll probably just spend tomorrow trying to recover. My wife booked Thursday and Friday off so we'll be together (though I don't know what we'll do cause we're both sick!).

    By Blogger J.C., at November 22, 2006 8:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home