An NYSE Scalper's Tale - A Trader's Diary

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Weekly Top 3 List - Most Expensive Cars

In my "Weekly Top 3 List", I hope to provide a list of some of the finer things in life. I truly hope that one day, all us traders will one day make it and when we do make it, the costs of some of these items can no longer be an issue. My "Weekly Top 3 List" serves only as a motivator and is mainly just for fun.

This week I take a look at three of the most expensive cars according to Forbes' "World's Most Expensive Cars 2006".

1) Bugatti Veyron 16.4




















  • Manufacturer: Volkswagon AG
  • Engine: 8.0 L Quad-turbo W16
  • Horsepower: 1001
  • Zero to 60 mph: 2.5 seconds
  • Top speed: 253 mph
  • Price tag: ~ $1,500,000
More info can be found at the follow:
RSportsCars.com
Wikipedia.org
Car & Driver



2) Pagani Zonda Roadster F C12S



















  • Manufacturer: Pagani
  • Engine: 6.0 L AMG V12
  • Horsepower: 680
  • Zero to 60 mph: 3.6 seconds
  • Top speed: 220 mph
  • Price tag: ~$660,000
More info can be found at the following:
Wikipedia.org

MillionaireLuxuries.com

CarType.com



3) SSC Ultimate Aero
















  • Manufacturer: Shelby Super Cars (SSC)
  • Engine: V8
  • Horsepower: 1046
  • Zero to 60 mph: 2.78 seconds
  • Top speed: 273 mph
  • Price tag: ~$654,000
More info can be found at the following:
TopSpeed.com
RSportsCars.com
SSC Autos

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • JC,
    Your blog is inspirational!! Im sure you're thinking, "Yeah, tell me something I don't know?"

    It's particularly so for me because I am a fledgling forex trader who is looking to expand his trading scope to stocks (gbp is the only thing that offers enough vol to beat that @$^& spread and set-ups are few and far between). I stumbled across your blog...and low and behold, you have a style very similar to my own - in fx. Which gives me hope to make the transition.

    I have a few questions:
    1) Does it take a throrough understanding of reading Level II to succeed? From my understanding reading up on the subject and basic supply-demand principles I dont think it is, no?
    2) Do you know of any companies like yours that offer affiliations online? Did you come across any of those when you investigated and found your shop?

    By Blogger DLo, at November 27, 2006 12:10 p.m.  

  • Interesting blog. Thanks for taking the time to post.

    Am I the only person to have never heard of Pagani?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 27, 2006 12:41 p.m.  

  • Daniel,
    Thanks for your wonderful comment! Hopefully the transition from FX to stocks isn't too difficult. As to your questions:
    1) If you are a longer term trader and use technical analysis, you probably don't really need to understand the Level II. In fact, sometimes reading too much into the Level II can trick you more times than it can help. I sometimes still fall into traps by "Level II" trading, so I would say that maybe a basic understanding is needed, but not essential.
    2) Unfortunately the company I'm with now was the first company I found that does prop trading. I too am currently looking around for other prop shops...

    Anon@12:41PM,
    Thanks for your comments. Yea, I never heard of the Pagani either...but honestly? I think it's one fugly car! :)

    By Blogger J.C., at November 27, 2006 9:01 p.m.  

  • Amazing cars! I'd love to drive one of them someday. Thank you for the information. Here's another site you might want to look at to see some more very expensive cars like what you have in here. Thanks!

    Most Expensive Cars

    By Blogger blogsurfer, at April 23, 2007 8:31 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home