An NYSE Scalper's Tale - A Trader's Diary

Thursday, January 04, 2007

On Tap For Fri Jan 5, 2007

The following are some of the NYSE stocks that I will be keeping an eye on and possibly trading tomorrow. Obviously there may be news on other stocks that come out overnight or in the morning, so I may be trading those stocks as well.

Hmmmmm....there isn't much on the news-front tonight, but here's the list anyways:
  • After the markets closed today, Moody's stated it may cut The Gap Inc.'s (GPS) credit rating to junk status...I'll watch to see what impact this has on the stock; GPS closed at $19.44
  • Also after the markets closed, The New York Times Company (NYT) announced that it sold it's broadcast-media unit for $575 million; NYT closed at $23.34
  • Oil was down quite a bit again today and it dragged down a lot of oil related stocks...I watched WFT, but I couldn't really find a good trade; another stock that has been punished is BJ Services Company (BJS) (provides services for the oil industry); BJS closed at $26.70
  • The airlines stocks continued it's upward momentum today; I'm going to watch the $46 level on Continental Airlines Inc. (CAL) and the $34 level on AMR Corporation (AMR); CAL closed at $45.67 and AMR closed at $33.80
  • Today the retailers were a mixed bag...I'm going to watch The TJX Companies Inc. (TJX) to see if it can push through it's 52-week high...I also like the action on Limited Brands Inc. (LTD) today and I'll continue to watch it tomorrow; TJX closed at $29.72 and LTD closed at $27.35
  • Corning Incorporated (GLW) had a nice pop up today...I'm going to see where it goes from here; GLW closed at $19.54
  • Finally, I'm watching Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT)...it's had trouble clearing the $48 level so I'm going to see where it goes tomorrow; WMT closed at $47.78

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home