An NYSE Scalper's Tale - A Trader's Diary

Thursday, February 01, 2007

On Tap For Fri Feb 2, 2007

The following are some of the NYSE stocks that I will be keeping an eye on and possibly trading tomorrow. Obviously there may be news on other stocks that come out overnight or in the morning, so I may be trading those stocks as well.

A shorter list tonight as there aren't too many stocks reporting tomorrow and there weren't too many stocks (that I could find) in the news. Here it is:
  • The following stocks are reporting before the open tomorrow (please note that these are not all the stocks that are reporting tomorrow - just the ones I'm keeping an eye on):

  • Tyco International Inc. (TYC) burst through resistance and it's 52-week high today on no news in particular (that I could find)...it did it on some strong volume so I'll see where it's going tomorrow; TYC closed at $32.86
  • Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM) was strong today after it reported...I only took one small trade on it today, but tomorrow I'll be watching the $36.00 level; ADM closed at $35.47
  • Titanium Metals Corp (TIE) seems to be a favorite among day traders...today it was up strongly; tomorrow I'm going to see if it can get through this resistance area and I'm watching the $33.50 and the $34.00 levels; TIE closed at $33.18
  • Masco Corporation (MAS) was another stock that was strong as it jumped through some resistance at $32 and closed just beneath it's 52-week high (though it made new 52-week highs intraday)...let's see where it goes tomorrow; MAS closed at $33.62

Please note that those stocks denoted with a * and highlighted green indicate that they are on the SHO Pilot List which means you can short them on a downtick.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home