An NYSE Scalper's Tale - A Trader's Diary

Monday, December 04, 2006

Trader Monthly Review Roundup

On a monthly basis, several bloggers review their trading and I thought it would be a good idea to try to collect them all and put them together in one post-of-links.

Many give great insights into the past month of trading and it's great to see what various bloggers have learned and the difficulties some of us had. By doing this, I hope that readers out there can learn or perhaps even relate to what we, as trading bloggers, went through during the past month.

So with that, here is November 2006's "Trader Monthly Review Roundup":

Bill reviews his returns for November.

Richard managed to just eek out a gain and keep his winning streak alive.

Zoomie had a good month, even though only 25% of his trades were for winners.

Shadowtrader posted a gain in his portfolio...question is, will he be able to outpeform the indices with one month left?

Trader ZBS keeps his consistency going and posted another $10K for the month of November.

Tyro found it kind of tough in November and shows us his monthly review with lots of charts and graphs.

Ugly also found it a little rough in November, but was able to turn it around near the end.

Dave had a much better month in November than in October.

Jan's portfolio at Stock Market Blog posted an 18.55% gain.

Bullish Jim just started posting his monthly review and posted a gain in his portfolio in November.

Luka had a great November and managed a 10.26% rise in his portfolio.

Downtowntrader posted close to a 30 R gain in November.

Of course, there's me - still down in the dumps, with a slight improvement over October.

If there is a monthly review that is not listed or if you have a monthly review that is not listed, let me know via comments and I'll include it ASAP.

I want to wish all bloggers and traders out there a great December! Let's see if we can all end 2006 with a bang!

Update (Dec 3) - I've added Jan's (StockMarketBlog.com) and Bullish Jim's (StockBuddyTrades.blogspot.com) reviews to the list.

Update 2 (Dec 4) - I've just added Luka's (lvblog.blogspot.com) and Downtowntrader's (downtowntrader.blogspot.com) review to the list.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • Would love to be included among your monthly update links...

    http://stockbuddytrades.blogspot.com/

    Love your blog, by the way. I have it linked on my homepage.

    By Blogger L.J., at December 03, 2006 3:49 p.m.  

  • Bullish Jim,
    Thanks for your comments. Nice blog you've got going there! I've added you to the list (and will continue to do so) and I'll be following your progress!

    Good luck to you and the best of luck in December.

    By Blogger J.C., at December 03, 2006 5:18 p.m.  

  • I focus on weekly results, but usually summarize monthly results as well. Last three months:
    Sept 0.63%
    Oct 0.87%
    Nov 10.26%

    November:
    http://lvblog.blogspot.com/2006/11/november-06.html

    Week Nov 27-Dec 01
    http://lvblog.blogspot.com/2006/12/week-in-review-nov-27-dec-01.html

    Week Nov 20-24
    http://lvblog.blogspot.com/2006/11/week-in-review-nov-20-24.html

    Week Nov 13-17
    http://lvblog.blogspot.com/2006/11/week-in-review-nov-13-17.html

    By Blogger iPad for Doctors, at December 04, 2006 4:43 a.m.  

  • Thanks, JC! I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's been a great tool for holding my self accountable. And hopefully it will be a great tool for meeting fellow investors like yourself. I believe that the more people we have to learn from, the better.

    Here's hoping you have great December...

    By Blogger L.J., at December 04, 2006 9:57 a.m.  

  • Luka,
    Thanks for your comments and thanks for the links. Great November you had! I've just added you to the list.

    Bullish Jim,
    Thanks for your comments. I too find it of great value because it forces you to review your trading and hopefully it helps identify what you are doing wrong and what you are doing right.

    Happy trading all!

    By Blogger J.C., at December 04, 2006 4:46 p.m.  

  • Thanks JC! Your blog has become a must read for me even though we have very different styles of trading. Good luck!

    By Blogger iPad for Doctors, at December 05, 2006 4:27 a.m.  

  • nogreednofear,
    Thanks for your comments and thanks for the encouragement! As long as my monthly numbers go up, I'll be happy...unfortunately my numbers were slowly going down and down and down. I'm just glad November's numbers are higher than October's!

    Luka,
    Thanks for your comments and thanks for the links you passed down in your comments. I'll be following your progress and I will include you in next month's reviews.

    Good luck to all and happy trading!

    By Blogger J.C., at December 05, 2006 4:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home